READER'S QUESTION:  Hey! I enjoy reading your articles on BGLH. Was wondering if you have an updated regimen you can post.

MY ANSWER:  Thanks!  To answer your question: Yes and no.  I know that sounds like a strange response, but rock with me ...

Everything about my regimen is more or less the same except that I now:

  • do jumbo twists because I don't have the patience for medium, small, or mini twists anymore. 
  • wash my hair weekly because I work out (and thus, sweat) more these days.

In terms of products, those have not changed either except for my conditioner.  I now use protein (particularly, keratin-based) conditioners like Aphogee 2-Minute Keratin Reconstructor, Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy Conditioner, or Renpure Originals Brazilian Keratin Straightening Conditioner, depending on which is most accessible.  (Each of these has hydrolyzed keratin listed amongst the top ingredients; hydrolyzed keratin will bond to the hair and minimize breakage.)

Also, with it now being colder and me wanting to leave my hair alone, I'm currently in braid extensions for 2-3 months.  With that, my regimen will be to wash and deep condition my hair every 3-4 weeks using a dry shampoo and moisturizing regularly (about weekly) in between washes.

I hope this answers your question!




Share this:

Related Posts

Show Disqus Comment Hide Disqus Comment

Disqus Comments